Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chapter 5-Why the fries taste good

This chapter talks about where the fries start and goes on the journey to when they end up on your plate. Along the way Schlosser states some interesting facts and goes in deep behind the scenes. I think the whole idea with him writing this book is just to gross everyone out in hopes to get them to slow down on eating fast food. But I don't think it will work the slightest bit.

On the other hand I think where Schlosser talks about where the flavors come from is very interesting. I knew that fast food put artificial flavors in their food but I had no idea that they come from the same places that make dish soap and shampoo. That is some what disturbing to know that a lot of these foods that you get from fast food places contain these flavors with these chemicals. But Its not something I will be thinking about when I am in a big hurry and starving and there is a McDonalds on the nearest corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment